Calendar to the Urban Movements at the
G8 Action Week 2007
Click here for more information
Sat June 2, 11 a.m and later
- Another world is possible!
- Join the big demonstration in Rostock!
- Concerts: Move against G8
Sun June 3
- (Yet to be confirmed): join meeting of excluded (Euro-Marches) Precarious of every country, lets march to Heiligendamm near Rostock!
- Join the Action day on 'Global Agriculture & G8'
Mon, June 4
- 11 pm in Camp Rostock, Camping-07
- Squatters, Tenants and Homeless organizing international solidarity against evictions and real estate violence, housing rights violations, forced evictions, "slum" cleansing, gentrification/ghettoization of popular neighbourhoods, SLUMLORDS, squats, informal settlements...
Knut, Witten; Martin Bochum; Vesna, Zurich;
o Petitioned: Rabial, Calcutta; Ana, Santiago;
- There will be exchanges with parallel NAHT conference in Washington, D.C.
- There may be action we will support by reactions in Rostock and through the media.
- Join the MIGRATION action. For more information see the following:
- No lager
Tues, June 5,
- ca. 12 -16 in Camp Reddelich
- Global Strategies of Inhabitant Movements with HIC globalization.
- Exchange on future plans regarding globalization, privatization and campaigning. Also, preparations of next days workshops.
Petitioned: Rabial, Calcutta; Ana, Santiago; Vesna, Zurich; Wade, New Orleans;
- This day will be rather slow in action. Some people will arrive in the afternoon.
- At 17:00, the Alternative G8 Summit begins
Wed, June 6
ALTERNATIVE G8 SUMMIT: panels and workshops through the whole day
- 14:30 - 16:30: Freedom of Investment and Habitat: The pressure of financial globalisation, privatisation, large scale investments and speculation on peoples' livelihoods in cities and villages. by and with Sebastian Mller, Andrej Holm and Knut Unger (WG Habitat at German NGO Forum Development and Environment - International Network of Urban Research and Action INURA, German Tenants Associations), Rabial Mallick, (Local Organizers of Community Organizations in Asia - LOCOA/India), Vesna Tomse (urban.lab, Zurich), Wade Rathke (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN/USA), Alfredo Rodriguez, (SUR/Chile), Ana Sugranyes, (Habitat International Coalition - HIC General Secretary) and others.
- 17:00 - 19:45: Assembly of Housing Rights Movements (homeless, excluded, tenants..): How to globalize our struggles for the right to housing, land and city? by and with speakers from WG Habitat at German NGO Forum Development and Environment, Mob e.V./Strassenfeger (Berlin), Habitat International Coalition (HIC), International Network of Urban Research and Action (INURA), Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), Local Organizers of Community Organizations in Asia (LOCOA), Witten Tenants Association and European homeless movements (DAL/No Vox. invited). Also featuring Miloon Kothari, UN special rapporteur for the right to housing
Thurs, June 7.
- 9:00 14:00: ALTERNATIVE G8 SUMMIT Marches, blockades and Concerts