Join this dialogue exploring the right to the city through discussions on homelessness and forced evictions, its global nature and youth action on the same.
Following the Habitat III (H3) Conference in October
2016, the UN Major Group for Children and Youth
(UN MGCY) H3 Working Group
is running a series of webinars on topics surrounding sustainable urban development,
youth action and the New Urban Agenda.
In the fourth webinar of this series, the
UN MGCY H3 has partnered up with Youth for Unity
and Voluntary Action (YUVA). Speakers representing the UN, government, civil society and youth will share their views on global issues of housing and experiences and challenges of accessing theright to housing with a focus on forced evictions and homelessness.
Date: Sunday 27th August, 2017
Time: 14.00 GMT
Webinar Link: bit.ly/H3Calls
- Lorena Zarate, President, Habitat International Coalition
- Edukpo Tina Olorunwa, Nigerian Informal Settlement
Federation / Justice and Empowerment Initiatives
- Kunnu Rende Paul, Nigerian Informal Settlement Federation /
Justice and Empowerment Initiatives
- Pooja Yadav, Homeless Collective (Mumbai); Youth for Unity
and Voluntary Action
- Marina Joseph (Moderator), Regional Focal Point for South
and Central Asia, UNMGCY; Youth for Unity and Voluntary Action
* Click here to download the concept note.
Listen the recording
of the webinar at: UN MGCY YouTube