During 02 days, nearly 400 inhabitants will join representatives of support organizations, local communities, special guests, private companies, representatives of partners and institutions supporting development will meet in a tri-articulated forum of "inhabitants of disadvantaged urban districts and villages" of Cameroon.
The activities of the Triennial 2018 will take place through:
- 03 conferences (inaugural - review of the 2014 triennium and closing - adoption of recommendations),
- 04 thematic sessions,
- 04 sessions to exchange experiences,
- 01 session of the People's Evictions Court,
- 01 constituent assembly of the national federation of housing cooperatives of Cameroon,
- 01 general assembly of the federation of collectives of victims of eviction from Cameroon and a general assembly of the RNHC.
Triennial of the inhabitants : The network
The RNHC brings together people living in the working class neighbourhoods of Cameroonian towns, villages and local communities who are involved on a daily basis in various capacities: personal, associative, traditional, professional, in actions of positive social transformation, the fight against poverty and the improvement of living conditions.
The RNHC in Figures :
- 150 municipalities and cities covered by the RNHC ;
- More than 2000 Organizations participate in the life of the RNHC and mobilize more than 120000 members at the end of 2018;
- 300 civil society organisations from the 10 regions of Cameroon meet at the Bamenda Congress in 2004;
- nearly 1000 citizens of the districts of towns and communes meet in Foumban at the Triennale 2007;
- More than 500 participants (including 10 foreigners) at the Maroua triennial, November 2010 ;
- Nearly 1000 participants including 15 foreigners participate in the 2014 triennial in Yaoundé, capital of Cameroon;
- 400 participants are expected at the Triennale 2018 in Douala, Economic Capital of Cameroon.
Contacts, registrations and information :
Tel: ESCR Call Centre: 850800237 699 621 36100237 678 354 395